Thursday, January 20, 2011

HOW DO THEY FEEL.........



PRAGYA SRIVASTAVA
Learning disability! It is not only a problem, but often brings a lot of stress among the children. Often I see that due to burden of studies their stress level raises to that level from which the life becomes a jail. This depends on the behavior of the society and parents. The discrimination with the child works as a pulley and this again helps increases the stress. Nobody can understand what the child feels better than the child only. That is why I and my madam Mrs. Ratna Pathak and Mrs. Sujata Gupta mam went to Pragya’s, a 12th class student suffering from a physical disability ‘Cerebral palsy’, to know about him and his feelings. Pragya is also a part of the Team, 'Its my Story'. With the help of my teachers I took his short interview. The interview is as follows:..




• Atul (me): from what disability you are suffering from?
• Pragya : I am suffering from cerebral.
• Atul : what do you feel after being suffering from this disability?
• Pragya : I really sometimes feel very bad as I have problem in interacting with others. My friends play in front of me, that time I really feels bad as I cannot play with them.
• Atul : What is the behaviour of other students toward you?
• Pragya : Sometimes they make me happy but mostly their behaviour toward me is so different, as I am disabled. I really feel bad when they use wrong language and abuse words for me.
• Atul : Is this disability affecting your studies?
• Pragya : Yes. Of course it affects my studies as I feel problem in writing during exams, but I have to manage for it.
• Atul : How do you feel when your friends play before you?
• Pragya : It feels really very bad. Everyone wants to play with their friends for a better interaction.
• Atul : What do you think you are good at other than academics?
• Pragya : I am interested in writing poems and I am also good in Urdu.
• A last question from you what do you want do for others like you?
• Pragya : Yes for other I want good medical facilities and education among them also. I also want to spread awareness among people.




THANK YOU



Mr.Deb with Master Pragya and other students of his school, Kendriya Vidyalaya No.1 Jodhpur.

4 comments:

ANUTOSH DEB said...

Team at Jodhpur,
It is a commendable work! Keep it up.

Unknown said...

Hello Atul!
Three cheers for bringing cheer in the lives of such students.Infact PLAY THERAPY & INTEGRATIVE THERAPY are some ways in which SMILES can be restored on their faces. Keep a- goin with this empathy in the woes of such students.
All the best!

Abdul said...

Nice interview. You have done a great job. I found it very interesting as I know how much one should think to make up questions.

VINEET said...

We are glad to have a learning disabled {I must not say but had to say
because there no other word to describe a person like him} in our
project as a member of the project. We are doing a project and we got
a team member, it luck by chance.