Monday, October 25, 2010

Why I Chose - "It's my story...!"?

“It’s my Story” – This is the project I am working on. I chose to be a part of this project because I found it unique and interesting. It is about the learning disabilities in children, that how some children get difficulties in learning a certain subject. Being a student, I can understand the problems of other students who find difficulties in their academics; even somehow I am one of them. I have observed that many of my friends are poorer than me in studies but they are excellent in some other non-scholastic sectors. So I thought it would be an appealing research on why some children avoid studies and are keener to join their other interests.
One main reason because of which I am attracted towards this project is that many people will get a chance to share the obscurity they face in their learning process and we will be able to place it before the public in a simple and approachable way so that they are nicely aware of learning disorder. There are many people among us who are not much aware of such mayhem and keeps thinking that the child is not trying his/her best in studies and blame them for their 'lack of interest in useful things'. Therefore it sometimes decreases the level of self-confidence in that child. I'll be glad to make people realize about this disability and encourage them to support the ones who are suffering from it. I am very much thankful to Thinkquest for providing me a platform to show my views on the above subject.

No comments: